Adobe announced Flash Player 11 and AIR 3 few hours before. You can download it starting 9:00PM today. Both Flash Player 11 and AIR 3 coming with enhanced features including hardware accelerated 2D and 3D graphics rendering through Stage 3D.This feature will be available to Mac OS and Windows powered TV sets.
Adobe claiming that the new flash Player 11 and AIR 3 will give up to 1,000 times faster rendering performance over Flash Player 10 and AIR 2. This new version will help developers to build console quality games where they can animate millions of objects with smooth 60 frames per second rendering. If you want to know more about Stage 3D please check out sample applications on Adobe developer center.
Best Features of Adobe Flash Player 11
- Socket Progress Events — Build advanced file sharing apps like FTP clients that send large amounts of data.
- HD surround sound — Deliver full HD videos with 7.1 channel surround sound directly to AIR powered TVs.
- 64-bit support — Support for 64-bit operating systems and browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- Stage 3D APIs — Create highly interactive visuals to improve collaboration on 3-dimensional models.
- G.711 audio compression for telephony — Integrate voice/telephony into business appsusing G.711 codec.
- H.264/AVC SW Encoding — Encode higher quality video locally using H.264 video.
Flash Player 11 and AIR 3 will be available for both desktops as well as supported mobile platforms such as Android and the Amazon Marketplace. Please Stay tuned with us for the download links.