Ubuntu team got very busy schedule these days! Just announced the second Ubuntu App Showdown contest to develop new Ubuntu applications from the startup to deployment in just six weeks. It will be starting from 7 th of this month.
Both original applications and ported apps, native and HTML 5, will qualify for this Ubuntu App Showdown competition. The The winners of this Ubuntu App Showdown contest will receive an LG Nexus 4 phone running the most awaited stable Ubuntu Touch with their application per-installed. If you got lucky you will get an opportunity to have your application included in the default Ubuntu installation image for phones and tablets.
The jury will judge all the applications to Ubuntu App Showdown contest according to the following criteria:
- General Interest– The apps that are of more interest to normal phone users will be scored higher.
- Features– Your app must need wide range of useful and interesting features.
- Awareness / Promotion– Jury will award extra points to those who blog, tweet, facebook, Google+, and otherwise share updates and information about your app as it progress.
- Quality– Your app must have high quality, stable, and bug-free application experience.
- Design– your app should harness the Ubuntu Design Guidelines so it looks, feels, and operates like an Ubuntu app.
The deadline to submit your entry is Sunday 15th September 2013 at 23:59 UTC.