BackTrack is one of the popular security oriented operating system based on Linux Kernel. BackTrack focuses on system and network penetration testing, featuring analysis and diagnostic applications that can be run right from the CD.
BackTrack 5 is based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) and it is powered by Linux kernel 220.127.116.11, patched with all the relevant wireless injection patches.
Best Features of BackTrack 5 R1
. Based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS;
· Linux kernel 18.104.22.168 (with wireless injection patches);
· KDE 4.6;
· GNOME 2.6;
· 32-bit, 64-bit and ARM support;
· Metasploit 3.7.0;
· Forensics mode (a forensically sound instance);
· Stealth mode (without generating network traffic);
· Initial ARM image of BackTrack (for Android-powered devices);
BackTrack 5 operating system released on May 10th, 2011 and today BackTrack 5 R1 released as an update to the present BackTrack 5 OS.You can Download BackTrack 5 R1 update from below Link.
Download the BackTrack 5 R1 Linux operating system From here.